I have three kids ages 10, 8 and almost 3. To say my days are busy would be a serious understatement. It is very easy for me to make it all the way to the end of the day and feel like I barely got anything done. One minute I'm making everyone breakfast, I blink, and somehow it's almost 11pm, and my to-do list is still sitting there looking neglected. Because of this, my morning rituals, have become extremely important.
Here's what I do:
1. Wake up by 6:30am at the latest (hopefully without the aid of the alarm).
2. While still laying down, take 3 slow deep, intentional breaths and say the day's affirmation 3 times (this week's affirmation is "I trust my words").
3. Make the bed (unless my husband is still sleeping in it).
4. Write in my #ANote2Self Journal and check in on where I am in the lunar phase.
5. Write my Morning Pages
6. Check in with my Passion Planner
*I also make it a habit not to check social media or email for at least an hour after waking, and I do oil pulling and drink at least 24 ounces of water before I eat anything.
I try to keep the list simple, so that I can accomplish them pretty quickly and set myself up for success. My morning rituals set the tone for my day. Rather than jumping out of bed and running on adrenaline for the first hour or two, I'm able to start my day with intention and a clear head.
How do you start your day?