Lauren Nixon is a Washington, D.C. area based Food Educator who guides people in building juicy lives by teaching them to cook with real, sustainable food. Lauren offers spirited workshops and demonstrations that help people to become creative and curious cooks while honoring seasonality, efficiency, sustainability, and most importantly, their personal palates. Recent partnerships include Pineapple DC, Washington's Green Grocer, Manhattan School of Music, Get HYPE! Philly, and the Free Library of Philadelphia.
Inside the Episode
- I was drawn to the work because it felt good and because it was healing me.
- There is such a rich history around real food. It's so vast and I will never know everything. I can continuously search and research, and still never know everything, and that's really amazing to me.
- At the base of real food is always community and healing and challenge and struggle and triumph. There are just so many stories.
- My work is really about helping people be active citizens in their food journeys and in their lives.
- We need to challenge our notions about what healthy living is.
- For a lot of people their biggest barrier is giving themselves permission to be healthy.