I used a Passion Planner for the first time in 2015, and I absolutely loved it. I love the way it breaks down personal and professional to-do lists, and helps me bring focus to my days. One of my favorite parts about the planner though, is that at the end of every month there are reflection pages, and one of the prompts on these reflection pages asks you what your top 3 lessons from the month are. It was so helpful and insightful to be able to go back through all of the lessons I'd learned in 2015 that I thought I would share them with you.
- Not everything is for you. Not every door will open for you, and not every door that opens for you is meant for you to walk through.
- Productivity is just as much about taking care of yourself as it is about checking off items on your to-do list.
Even if you are only taking baby steps, what matters is you are moving forward.
- Sometimes you need to step away from the work. You need to give yourself room to breathe and put things in perspective.
- Don't say yes just because you're afraid of what will happen if you say no.
Everything will happen as it should, in its own course, which may or may not be as you'd like it to.
- Never give up. It's OK to think about giving up, but don't actually do it.
- Just because the day starts off on the wrong foot doesn't mean it has to stay there.
- Your value is not attached to a dollar amount.
More than one route can be used to get you to your destination. Just because you change direction doesn't mean you won't get there.
What lessons did you learn in 2015?