Below is the TENTH WEEK!! of my daily ten observations. To learn more about my daily ten, and read the observations that came before these, you can read all previous posts here.
1.I've been keeping these observations for over two months, but it feels like forever, and yet I have a month left in my pregnancy and its seems to be happening so fast.
2. I love the sleepy sound of the train's horn as it passes through our town early in the morning. Trains are my preferred mode of transportation.
3. Some hours pass more quickly than others.
4. It feels like there are so many people having babies right now, but I suppose that is always true.
5. I've never seen a bug like that before.
6. Little pops of color here and there. Like the tree has highlights.
7. Dark chocolate with caramelized hazelnuts. Just enough sweetness to round out my day.
8. It's not just my feet, my hands feel a little tight today too.
9. The forecast promises tomorrow will be cooler. I hope it's right.
10. Random splotches on mostly white walls - I have no memory of where they came from.
1. The wind flutters through the curtains and lets me know fall has returned - at least for a little while.
2. My nephew is ten years old today. I remember when he was born.
3. If I were going to do this again, I would keep this to myself.
4. Everyone's love language is different.
5. "'It's complicated' is something people say when they don't want to tell the truth." This Is Us (the TV show)
6. It is more than just it's hard for me to be idle/still. I feel guilty when I take time for stillness.
7. I will not scrap it.
8. I avoid difficult conversations with everyone but him and my children.
9. My daughter says she hopes to be a house-cat in her next life. Watching Mojo lounging on the carpet, staring at the ceiling, pondering the universe, I suppose I can understand why.
1. Ripples run over the surface of my belly as the baby wiggles and stretches. I wonder if my stomach feels as tight to him on the inside as it does to me on the outside.
2. Fall is back again. I wonder if it will stay this time.
3. Letting go is hard, but I am getting better at it.
4. So much of loving someone is taking the time to see them.
5. I am grateful for a love that makes me feel seen.
6. He's home.
7. I don't know why I'm surprised to see the little bear. The moment the front door opened, I should have know he would appear.
8. It's almost October.
9. Something I ate didn't agree with me, but I can't quite pinpoint what it was.
10. I don't know that I can finish this by tomorrow.
1. The less space he has, the more he moves.
2. It will be October tomorrow.
3. I woke up feeling irritable. I will need to be mindful of this today.
4. How did this happen? And how did I not feel it when it happened?
5. Target can be a difficult place to bring children. It's like the retail version of Disneyworld.
6. I could spend hours looking at all the little baby things.
7. Almost there. Almost ready.
8. She is really coming out of her shell.
9. I am practically buzzing with energy right now.
10. Another book done.
1. Hello October. I have always loved this month.
2. The air is more than crisp this morning, but not out and out cold. Perhaps brisk is the right word.
3. The dreams I remember when I wake up these days are frequently (and each day increasingly so) about birth. I suppose it's about that time.
4. 11 more books to finish in 13 weeks (and a day).
5. What is it about October, I wonder, that makes me want to pick up the Sorcerer's Stone and binge watch all 8 movies. Curious, very curious.
6. If you include Mojo (our cat) we have someone in our house who was born on each day of the week, except for Friday. No pressure little baby.
7. The squirrel looked like he wanted to say something to us.
8. Organic Peppermint Cinnamon. This might be my new favorite tea.
9. I've decided not to finish it.
10. It is an honor to be entrusted with someone else's work.
1. That first hug of the day is one of my favorite parts of the morning.
2. Am I really in my ninth month? Has that much time really passed?
3. The life of a house-cat.
4. The sun has barely risen and she has to leave. The streetlights are still on.
5. In some ways I hold her tighter. In others I am [gradually] letting go. This is what she needs from me.
6. I am trying to keep this moment from stretching beyond itself. I am trying to keep it from wrapping its arms around the rest of my week.
7. I feel like I need to be more.
8. There is a faint melancholy melody coming from somewhere nearby, but I can't tell from exactly where.
9. My skin looks like it's been burned. Like it was burned and is healing as best it can.
10. When I find myself losing myself in a story, that's when I know it's good.
1. This is as close to a good night's sleep as I've gotten in weeks, possibly months.
2. The cooler the air gets, the drier my skin feels.
3. We had to give the car time to wake up this morning - a moment to shake off the nighttime chill that still lingered this morning.
4. I am so hungry. All the time.
5. It is amazing to watch the creation of this story unfold. Amazing how she pours words onto the page and I feel them in my heart.
6. I write because I want to give someone this feeling.
7. I watch her in the gaps between the multi-colored panels for a while, before forcing myself back into my own thoughts, which need sorting.
8. I forgot how much I love pierogies.
9. This show really is about nothing.
10. My eyelids are so heavy.