Below is the third week of my daily ten observations. To learn more about my daily ten, and read the observations that came before these, you can read all previous posts here.
1. The way the light is touching the trees makes it look like fall already.
2. When I sit up straight, shoulders back, I have so much more room to breath.
3. I have gotten quieter as I have gotten older and it goes beyond just being comfortable in it. Sometimes I long for it.
4. She is still my baby girl. Always.
5. I treat them like a unit so often. I had almost forgotten how much I love my solo time with each of them.
6. We nurture each other.
7. Any time I taste grilled vegetables, I wonder why I don't grill all my vegetables.
8. This book is going to take some time, but it's worth it.
9. I love the feeling of checking off items on my to-do list.
10. I am going to sleep well tonight.
1. I've written just over 10,000 words of my new book. There are a lot more words to go, but it feels good to reach this milestone.
2. I am growing.
3. Sometimes when I get ready to open my mouth and tell him I love him, I pause, because while I do love him, there is also something else, something more that I grasp around to find words for. So, I hold his hand, or kiss his face, or make him a cup of tea and hope he can feel what I can't quite figure out how to say.
4. I think if we're really lucky, we get to spend our lives falling in love over and over again.
5. They're all so beautiful. Sometimes I feel like I don't fit.
6. So much noise, so early in the morning. I understand the work must get done, but shouldn't certain hours be sacred?
7. We saw red and yellow leaves today. Fall is creeping into summer.
8. I am not multi-tasking, but then again I am. With every activity, I am trying not to also think about the pain. But I do.
9. 81 degrees. A nice breeze. Barely any humidity. This feels perfect.
10. Hello cicadas. Good night cicadas.
1. Their profiles are so similar.
2. I think I have gotten used to the noise. I have settled into my mornings not being quiet. I don't know how I feel about that yet.
3. This one spot in my lower back, on the left side. It is determined to ache.
4. I love the way the light hits the trees first thing in the morning.
5. He keeps pulling his hat down over his eyes. This is what he does when he's feeling shy.
6. I watched my son play amidst tree stumps, rocks and wood chips, having the time of his life, and I thought, "what an imagination." And then I thought, this is what it is to be a writer or any kind of artist really, it is to never lose the imagination of a child.
7. I try to acknowledge that every living thing has a purpose, but I can't stand mosquitoes.
9. He is the keeper of my secrets. I trust him with thoughts I barely trust myself with.
10. My hair is inching down my back. It's gotten to where every morning it seems a little longer.
1. When my children are in a silly mood, and I am not, I must be careful not to allow my mood to bleed into theirs and dampen their joy.
2. It may be because of the little baby oven I am carrying around with me, but I have a new appreciation for cold showers.
3. Sometimes I pick fights with people in my head. I need to stop doing that.
4. Every now and again I would like to do absolutely nothing, and that is ok.
5. I am a selective hermit. An introvert with a disclaimer.
6. When I am craving something it makes it hard for me to eat anything else.
7. Time passes faster than I would like it to. I need to do more with mine.
8. This perfectly ripe mango. Yum.
9. This is the home stretch. I don't know that I am ready to be in the homestretch.
10. I'm missing him already.
1. It's interesting to see where the mind goes when it is allowed room to wander.
2. Waking up is happening in stages this morning.
3. He caught me watching him sleep.
4. This morning my feet feel like I was standing on my toes all night. Perhaps I am not running in my sleep. Perhaps I am dancing.
5. This is what it feels like to take my time.
6. Water and rest, even just a few moment's rest, can cure a lot of things.
7. With only the two of us in the house, I speak so much less.
8. When I think about the birth of this baby, I am both excited and afraid.
9. My body is tired.
10. I don't listen to music as much these days, I am too busy listening to my own mind, too busy trying to sort through all the things that I am trying to tell myself.
1. The world sounds so awake outside my window this morning. It makes me feel like it should be much later in the day.
2. My hair and nails are getting really long.
3. So much yawning this morning.
4. It's bright and cloudy at the same time.
5. I always forget that the sun is still kissing me, even on the overcast days.
6. Their faces smiling back at me. All their little arms wrapped around me.
7. I need a nap.
8. Heartburn is the worst.
9. This is really deep for a children's movie.
10. I am happy.
1. My body made an executive decision and decided I would sleep in.
2. Little voices fill up the rooms of our home. I missed them.
3. This humidity came out of nowhere.
4. Soccer mom life.
5. Just because things don't happen exactly as I would like them to, doesn't mean they won't happen.
6. The numbers didn't move.
7. There is a lot I will miss about summer. I will not miss the mosquitoes.
8. Every inch of her is screaming exhaustion.
9. My belly is as big as my baby needs it to be.
10. I am behind on my reading. If only I could figure out how to spend a lot of time reading and writing, instead of having to trade off between the two.